Could you benefit from a better sleep at night?
If you’re struggling with getting a full night of rest, your outdoor hot tub may be able to help. While there is science behind how soaking in a hot tub can help to improve your sleep patterns, creating a relaxing bedtime routine can also help. In this article, we’re going to dive in and show you exactly how a soak in the spa might be just what you need to enjoy a full night of rest and relaxation.
How Soaking in a Hot Tub Can Help Improve Sleep Patterns
Soaking in a hot tub can help to improve your sleep patterns in two ways.
The first way that relaxing in a hot tub can help you enjoy a better sleep regularly, is by resolving or reducing some of the things that are preventing you from falling asleep and/or staying asleep. This can include feelings of stress and anxiety, aches and pains, and even symptoms of arthritis and fibromyalgia.
The second way is through what is known as hot water immersion therapy. When you sit in a hot tub, your body temperature slowly and naturally rises. Once you exit the spa, the cooling process can begin. This cooling process is what helps you to feel relaxed and ready to go to bed. This emulates the natural cooling process that happens once you fall asleep. Your body temperature begins to slowly drop after you have been asleep for about two hours, hitting the lowest point at about 4:00 A.M. or 5:00 A.M.
Creating a Relaxing Bedtime Routine
Soaking in your hot tub can easily be incorporated into a bedtime routine that is geared toward a full night of rest. Here are some steps that you can take to enjoy a better sleep regularly:
- Finish all chores and obligations so that nothing is distracting you or keeping you awake, so that you can focus all your attention on your bedtime routine.
- Set the temperature in your bedroom to be a little cooler than usual, either with your thermostat, a window air conditioner, or a fan.
- Soak in your hot tub for 15 to 45 minutes, utilizing the LED lights, comfortable seats, powerful jets, and even the audio system.
- Have a quick shower or bath to clean the spa water from you, wash your face and brush your teeth.
- Change into comfortable pyjamas made of cotton and perfect for the time of year.
- Lay in bed with dim lighting, while either reading a book or listening to soothing music.
- Enjoy a full night of rest and relaxation with this nightly routine.
Be sure to maintain your bedtime routine throughout the week, including doing the same actions around the same times.
Tips & Tricks to Improve Sleep Patterns
There are many things that you can do to promote good sleep patterns. Exercising regularly can help to expel energy, reduce stress and boost the production of positive endorphins, all contributing to a healthier lifestyle. Maintaining a well-balanced diet and not eating or drinking at least two hours before you go to bed can also be helpful. If there are other things that typically help you relax your mind and body, you may want to experiment with them and try to include on a more regular basis.
Visit Euphoria Lifestyle Today
For more tips and tricks to help you make the most of your hot tub, all season pool or sauna, take a look at the other articles in our blog and online resource centre. To browse our selection of hot tubs and spas for sale, visit Euphoria Lifestyle today.